Thursday, November 26, 2009

~They'll call me Freedom~

(post edited because apparently the video was cause my blog to freeze up, I switched it to a new one....does it work now?)
This song is playing in my mind. A loop in which I hear the generations that come after this joining in some kind of strange ethereal voice. exultant.

It touches me deeply.

I weep when it plays.
My children singing in chorus declaring this song amazing! beautiful! their favorite.

I feel like its my song...a different kind of war, a different kind of struggle in a very different country.

But you can call me freedom, just like a waving flag.

I am oh so grateful.


To hear more by K Naan go here

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh how lovely!

What joy there is in music such as this. The heart just wants to sing along!

a visual tinkle said...

Love his entire album!