Wednesday, September 17, 2008

~10 things that....joining the land of lists~

~10 things that make me blissfull in the morning~


1~ sunshine....the way it angels through my windows, through the towering trees the separate our house from the road.....(Eazee...what a great name for a road...)no matter the season...oh, but especially in the winter when a heavy frost fog comes through and everything is covered with ice...OMGosh, like being surrounded by a cathedral of diamonds.....truly breath taking.


2~the sleepy smell of my sweet babes.....lingering coziness, warmth that seems to cling to their hair. I love to hold them and inhale that morning smell, mmmm. especially when they rather sleepily tell me of there dreams....oh~oh the sweetest thing.


3~tea...I LOVE my morning tea.....speaking of which I must go grab my freshly steeped mug, uno momento....ahhh, thats better. my mug, steaming, filled with an organic Rooiboos with a touch of sugar(organic...I ran out of honey) and a splash of soy milk. other favorites: masala chai, licorice spice...which is kinda odd since I really don't like licorice...tea, early gray, hot....lol...lovely red raspberry leaf...oh heck...just toss some herbs and spices in a cup and I'll probably love it. I do have a rather expansive tea collection.


4~ oatmeal.....I LOVE oatmeal and no, not quaker quick oats (ewww, glue like nastyness) my precious organic, slow cooking oats....thick cut and fragrant. I love the ritual of it...going into the pantry, reaching up to the shelf covered with glass jars filled with grains/pastas/nuts. Boiling the water, turning it down, adding the oats...letting them simmer, unstirred until they reach a state of perfection. Filling my bowl, adding raisins and hemp hearts...maybe sliced apples and cinnamon....drizzling pure maple syrup and adding the ice cold soy milk. mmmmm. (okay, I realize that this may seem a bit excessive, after all it is just breakfast, but I'm a passionate person and this is FOOD we're talking about!)


5~ sitting on the couch with my man for a few minutes of chatting, he with his coffee, I with my tea. a bit of calm before the whirlwind of the day.....pure bliss


6~ hearing the phone ring and knowing that its my sis C declaring that she is coming over because she absolutely MUST get out of her house. saying that we will be productive...maybe fold laundry or paint something...but knowing full well that we will sit and drink tea (yes, more tea) and get engulfed in amazing conversation whilst we watch the babies play and referee the big guys outside.


7~ hearing the phone ring and knowing its my other sister, S (I always seem to know when its them calling) calling to fill me in on the happenings in her life way the heck out in Manitoba, which, by that way, is WAYYYYY to far away from me!!! (notice the pout.....(stamps foot)) we chat between her clients (she's a hair dresser) and I hang up longing to sit and share tea face to face (again with the tea....) and hold my sweet Monkia, who is getting so big and soon might forget that her Auntie Jenn is the next best thing to her momma.....(I can't actually think about it to much because my throat and eyes fill with the pain of it all)


okay....dry eyes.....back to bliss


8~ fresh air. I so rarely get outside first thing in the morning, when I do I swear I can hear a chorus of lil' fairies singing praises to the sun. I can't wait until we move and have our main living space on ground level and I can walk outside with my tea (okay, enough with the tea...I might be obsessed, not addicted.. I very rarely drink caffeine...really!) wander through my garden...dew on the toes of my woollen slippers....collect the eggs (I'm gonna have chickens!!) have a conversation with my cat who tends to walk along with me and tell me of all her mid-night adventures.


9~listening to my kids play....they always seem to get along so well in the morning.....ooh....yeah (ignoring the yells of eldest daughter aimed towards littlest brother as he takes down her fabulous something or other....sigh) well.....they light up my life even still.....see, and now there is peace again...problem solved and I didn't even need to get my tooshie off this chair!


10~getting ready for the days activity while listening to melodies that set the tone.....right now I'm listening to my lovely friend Kim's play list...a tune I've never heard before and am loving...Love Song by Sara Barellies. thanxs Kim darlin'!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I couldn't not help bursting into laughter... I really do have full intentions of helping out when I come over. Not only that, but offering to help is a great way to get you to feel less guilty about having me over when you know you should be working... and a great way for me to feel less guilty about abandoning my house!
And by the way, you must use me coming over as much of an excuse as I do, to do nothing, since you know full well that we wont!*big grin* Though our converstaions could hardly be called nothing!:)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Reading of your bliss is blissful in itself! I'm off to find some of my own now. Thanks for the inspiration..and for the lovely mention. Glad that the woman who has shared so much beautiful music with me is enjoying some of my favourites!